»

July 14, 2011

July 15, 2011

July 15th

is finally here.

This is the end of not only my childhood but one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

Harry Potter has been such a huge part of my life since I was six and my mom would read them to me at bedtime. Fuck, for a while there, Harry was my life. This isn’t just fine literature—there’s a whole fandom behind filled with incredible people who have all been touched in someway by The Boy Who Lived.

This is a book with strong morals, an incredible story, amazing characters and it was all given to us by JK Rowling. And it has ingrained itself into the very core of a people. It gave us hope. We all waited for our Hogwarts letters. We all truly believed we could help save the wizarding world. And dear god it was glorious to simply be a part of it, no matter what role you played.

And now it is “ending” it’s “over” but it will never truly end. As I see my baby brother sailing through the second book at age seven, I know we’ll be here forever, us Potterheads.

Harry and Ron and Hermione will be kicking hundreds and thousands of years from now.

Together, let’s show Jo our appreciation one more time.

Thank you Jo for being JK Rowling.

For some incredible moments and some great friends.

It’s been one hell of a ride.