»

December 1, 2008

David Thewlis Wins "Richard Harris Award"

Yeah, that's right! David Thewlis (Remus Lupin) recently received the Richard Harris award. Don't know who Richard Harris is? Here's a hint: think Harry. 

Richard Harris is the original Dumbledore, or at least, the first actor who played him. Hey, we've got nothing against Michael Gambon, the current Dumbledore, but hey, Richard Harris was the one. He was the guy that really gave you an even more vivid image of Dumbledore, rather than the somewhat murky image you might have had in your head. Mr. Harris died peacefully, October 22, 2002 at the age of 72. But here at Siriusly Potter we'd like to honor his memory, and all the great acting he did. 

Personally, I think it's utterly brilliant that we get to see a present Potter actor receive an award that was named after a past Potter actor. 

So here's to Richard Harris, a great actor, and one brilliant Dumbledore.

"I'm not particularly interested in reputation or immortality or things like that...I don't care what I'm remembered for. I don't care if I'm remembered. I don't care if I'm not remembered. I don't care why I'm remembered. I genuinely don't care."    -Richard Harris